Saturday, May 7, 2016

January 2016 emails to Jess

Hi Jess,

Just got back from Mike Carson's piano recital rehearsal. Julz is ready to perform a very difficult piece of music. When she gets done her hands really hurt. Mike is doing his recital a month early this year.  I'm kind of glad so we can just enjoy the rest of the year!!

Yesterday dad and I went to two Ward conferences so we were gone for six hours. Plus dad had an early morning High Council meeting. He was pretty tired by the end of the day so I went with Julie to her fireside.

Next week Julz gets to go to church alone while dad and I go to the 14 th Ward conference. I have a feeling she will sit with Marselle Stephenson and her five kids. Did I mention she was having another boy this May? She is one tough mommy!

Please drive carefully and be cautious where ever you go. 

Love, mom

Dear Jessie,

I'm sure you are enjoying the sunny California now that the rainy days are gone for a while. It is still really cold around here in Provo Utah. Most of the snow has melted in the valley but plenty remains in the mountains. Last night I went with Julz to a kick off fireside for the Provo City Center Temple youth dance meeting. There was a great turn out and 
Wednesday starts all the dance rehearsals. There was a lot of excitement in the chapel!

Tamra Ockey told me last night that Hanna is planning on leaving next September for China. She will be teaching English for five months. Tamra seemed OK with it since Hanna will have three years college. Hanna will be saving for her plane flight this summer. 

Jen told me she needs to take three classes this summer so she can student teach Jan. 2017. Time is going by fast and all hard work is paying off! Got to go teach.

Mom