Wednesday, June 6, 2012

MISTBORN






I just finished my first read for the summer break.  It was so good that I've already started the second book.  I usually read biographies or classical, but now my top two favorite fantasy authors have the same first name. Not only that, they both live in Utah!
As I went about my days last week I couldn't stop thinking about Vin and Kelsier.  The metals that they used were a little confusing but I started to grasp how everything worked as I kept reading.

One of my favorite movies is The Lord of the Rings. The music is so beautiful and the scenery is breath taking. I've never been able to read the book but it's almost like trying to read Shakespeare and Jane Austen.  Sometimes I grasp more when I'm watching and listening.  It also helps when there's good actors and cool music.

 I can't wait for the movie Fablehaven.  That was an easier read and Muriel just happens to be my favorite witch. I dressed up as Muriel for Halloween 2010 when my job was recess guard.  I had a big rope around my neck and every time the kids would come up to me I would chew on the knots.  It was great fun!

If they ever make a movie from the book Mistborn it will probably be on the violent side.  Vin will have to be very athletic and Elend better be handsome.  It's nice to get away from the real world once in a while and escape to cities like Luthadel.

Happy reading...