Tuesday, July 10, 2012

EIGHT MORE DAYS !!!


Jacob's last email to us.
I'm going to be brief this week. I'm only 15 days from being home and I'm getting TRUNKY! :P
The scout encampment was a total success. From the sounds of it, all 900+ boys had a very spiritual time. For the evening Devotionals they were able to arrang for several very renoun EFY speakers, as well as our area 70 Elder Christanson. Lots of the areas across Alaska are starting to see some results of the boys time there, ourselves included. Saturday evening Elder Williams and I recieved a call from a boy named Donovan Novak, whom we've been trying to contact and have sit down with for the last 3 months. Though posative towards his experiences with the church so far (He's best friends with the Guy boys, a family in our ward), he was pretty impartial about joining himself. But the camp changed that. He loved it, and wants to be baptized and get the priesthood as soon as possible. After sitting down with him Sunday night, that was decided to be July 21st. So that's exciting. I won't be around anymore, but it'll be good having the lessons with him in my last two weeks. We'll be meeting a couple times a week.
That's about all that's new on my end of the tube. I love all of you so much! Can't wait to see you soon. Expect to get a couple packages sometime in the next week or two, I'll be sending home some of my aquisitions that won't fit in my luggage on the way home.
Jacob