Friday, May 2, 2014

Memoir from Me "Warmer Weather"



Day 1
The warm weather is coming and I'm trying to get prepared. To start off with I'm doing the "Master Lemon Cleanse". Hopefully I can do the recommended ten days but I'll probably only do seven.  Not necessarily to lose weight but to help me feel better about myself. Most of my clothes are feeling snug and I can't afford to buy new ones. I really like comfort food when the weather is cold, but when it starts to get warm I dislike feeling uncomfortable.  So I do a cleanse to get rid of my cravings for chocolate, yummy carbs and ice cream. I always seem to put on five pounds every winter and then when spring comes I want to bounce back into a healthier life style.

Today I started the cleanse and I haven't even made a lemon drink yet. It's already 3:09 pm.  I guess my body is just tired of eating and needs to fast. I have been drinking lots of water and I took an herbal laxative this morning. I skipped the required salt water flush with sea salt because I just didn't feel up to it. But one thing I am feeling already is some peace of mind and a little relaxation.  Whats with that, usually I only like fasting once a month on Fast Sundays but today I just need a break from thinking about what to cook for dinner. I get so tired of the same routine day after day and when I do a cleanse I feel like I'm on a new adventure. Life seems exciting again and I haven't even gone any where physically.

So let the games begin!  In the past I've only done three day cleanses, but this time I'm going longer. Apparently the book says after three days my energy will be at a higher level. I'll have to wait and see about that.