Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sister San Diego

Sunday! Best Easter. Of. All. Time.
I can't even begin! We came to church and had 3 of our investigators there! Greg n' Ash came and sat by us too, but then Greg went up and BLESSED THE SACRAMENT. I cried and cried. More! Yes. Sister Stew walked in with her family. My heart. I then sang Consider the Lilies of the Field. Tears. The Davis' spoke about the atonement. They lost they're 18 month old baby a few years ago. Definition of Christlike humans. The Davis'. We then added 3 investigators after church. Milagros for days.



Exchange! Today we got back from going on an exchange with the Lo Jolla YSA sisters :)
Sis Wils came to Mt. Woodson with Sister E and I went back to La Jolla with Sister Essymba. At first I felt kind of bad because literally after having been in their area for a few minutes, one of their investigators we had a set appointment with for that day dropped us... But all is well because we invited the member who was going to be present for that lesson come out with us to contact people. We visited a former investigator, shared the Easter video, re-added him, and set him with a baptismal date forApril 24th! Cool guy :)
And then I accidentally stayed up until 2 in the morning talking with Sisters Passé-Carlus and Clarke. Woops. Worth it Ha! I loved hearing about all their adventures in UC 2nd.
What I learned this Easter season:
Music!
The savior sang a hymn with his apostles before he left to go perform the atonement. Music can fortify us through tuff times.
The resurrection. The atonement. The savior. It's real, or it's not.
4 things I studied and pondered.
1- Trials. Health problems. Death. like Christ, trials can allow us to pray more earnestly. We need them. If life was perfect, we wouldn't seek after Christ.
2- Nevertheless principal! Jesus began to be soar amazed and heavy his "Soul is exceedingly sorrowful even unto death". Daddy take this cup away from me, nevertheless not my will but thine be done. Come what may, and love it. There is nothing, abuse, rejection, loss, that will cause me to leave my God and church. There are so many excuses. Someone offended me, etc etc. we can say forget about it but Christ said nevertheless. Step forward an do what God wants you to do.
3- Forgiveness. Christ's pain on the cross, yet he forgave them. We have no right to hold grudges.
4- Taking care of women. One of the most important characteristics a women should identify men is by the way they treat their mothers. Christ looked down off the Cross and spoke to his mom asking John to take care of her. The woman who committed adultery dragged through town half clothed and mocked and thrown at the feet of the savior in the temple. "Those without sin cast the first stone." Then alone with the savior, he tells her (in my own head): I love you kid, go, and sin no more.
Well folks. I love you.
Come hungry for conference! In his sermon at the temple, the Savior taught: "And blessed are all they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost." 3 Nephi 12:6.
I promise you that if you come to General Conference prepared with specific questions, hungering after righteousness, the Lord will open the heavens and you will receive the knowledge, light, and revelation that you seek. This personal revelation will be a great blessing to you!
-Sister Carlson
P.S. I realized that all these eventful things happened this week... And I didn't take pictures. Sumi mah sen!
Hillary




Lake Poway on P Day