Sunday, March 10, 2019

Memoir from Mar C (Julz broke her wrist)

Today is Sunday and I've had a pretty good day. I cooked a nice dinner for the Jessies and Coleton Hinckley came over as well. The weather is finally starting to turn and I think spring is on its way. GW got an emergency call yesterday to go and inspect a federal earth dam up Weber Canyon. Apparently it has become very saturated due to all the snow and rain we've been having. He was gone all afternoon into the late evening. When he got home last night he said that so far everything looked ok.  The dam inspectors just have to babysit the damn dam for a while. I stayed home and worked on my new Christmas quilt. I like to get my assigned block done at the beginning of the month that way I have more time to do other things on the weekend with GW. The blocks are pretty tricky and they take a lot of time since I'm new at quilting.

I'm still teaching Sunbeams in primary. This year I only have three that attend my class. Rachel Helps is team teaching with me. She is expecting her second baby the first week in August and is pretty sick most of the time. I told her I would be happy to teach the lessons. I really like the two hour meeting time. Teaching young children for twenty minutes is much easier than forty minutes.

Julie broke her wrist last week while she was hanging out with her venture scout group. They decided to drive up to a cabin up in the mountains for two days and build igloo's. She didn't tell me they would be sledding as well. That's when she broke her wrist sledding head first down a mountain. She was in a lot of pain the first few days. Hopefully it will heal correctly. If it doesn't she has to have surgery. We find out this Thursday.



I forgot to mention that Julie is a Sterling Scholar at Provo High in Instrumental Music. She thinks she might major in Music Education at UVU. GW and I are so grateful for the scholarship program that has helped our other children through college. I think Julie will be fine in whatever she decides to do with her life.
I was happy to read about President Nelson meeting with Pope Francis this weekend. The Italy temple was dedicated and apparently the prophet was also able to take some time to visit with the head leader of the catholic church. The news also said it was the first time The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Prophet has ever met with a catholic pope. That's pretty cool.




This coming Friday evening I get to attend the performance of the Lamb of God in the Salt Lake City Tabernacle. My friend JoAnna Going has been asked a second time to sing the part of mother Mary. I've been listening to the song she will be singing"Here is Hope" on youtube. It's beautiful!

JoAnna is on the far right. I've enjoyed listening to Rob Gardner's music this last year. He is very gifted and The Lamb of God is uplifting and powerful. I haven't been to a good live musical performance in a long time. I can't wait!