Friday, September 9, 2022

Queen Elizabeth

 Yesterday I was helping a Kindergarten class at our school with lunch, when my friend Kari Lilico mentioned that the Queen had just died. I looked at Kari with a confused look because I wasn’t sure who she was talking about. I hadn’t read anywhere that Queen Elizabeth was even sick, even though she was ninety-six. Then Kari said Queen Elizabeth’s name and I felt surprised and saddened since England had just celebrated her seventy year reign. I have always admired the Queen and read a lot about her. Now she is probably with her loved ones that have passed on. I’m sure it was a happy reunion!


The queen had just met the new Prime Minister Liz Truss of England three days before she died. To me she looked frail in this photo and I noticed her bruised hand so I guess her body was getting ready for death. I’m just amazed she continued to serve and work almost to the very end of her life.
Double rainbow appeared above Buckingham Palace the day Queen Elizabeth died. So cool!
Prince Charles is now King.

I like this photo because maybe the queen was waiting for a good, solid woman leader to help her son reign over England and into the future. It will be interesting to see how things turn out in Great Britain.