Monday, September 24, 2012

Karen’s Curry

Karen Dela Cruz always cooked this dish for nursing students when traveling to Ghana.
Every once in awhile I get in the mood for Curry Chicken.  My neighbor takes a group of BYU nursing students to Ghanna every spring.  She has invited my family over for Ghana Curry Chicken a couple of times and I have become hooked!
I made this dish three weeks ago and the only thing I changed from her recipe is that I added two cans of coconut milk instead of one.

1 lb chicken cut into 1" cubes
Large onion diced
4-6 stalks celery chopped
2T olive oil

Saute' together til chicken is done

In seperate pan stir in

1 can water
2 cans coconut milk
1pk S&B mild curry
1/8-1/4 sugar (to taste)

Let simmer til bubbly and thickening then add chicken.

Serve over rice with following condiment's on side:

Flaked coconut
Chopped salted or unsalted nuts
Sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds if you want
Chopped green onions
Raisins or cranberries
Pineapple
What ever sounds good to you, sort of like an African Haystack.

Enjoy!