Sunday, March 10, 2013

1st letter



March 7, 2013


Dear Family,

It's been a crazy first two days at the MTC!  So much has happened!  After I left you guys and was all processed, I got to meet my new companion. Her name is Sister Ashcraft, she is the oldest in our group at  26 yrs and is from Rexburg, Idaho.  She's a photographer who has had her own business and she's really nice.

The building that we're staying in is brand new and is really big.  Our classroom building isn't as new, but it was just remodeled on the inside and looks great!  So no worries about the facilities.  All the sisters in my room are also going to Jacksonville, Florida and are in my classroom! Sister Orton is from  and is friends with Dani Halliday; Sister Major is from Pleasant Grove (it was her farewell that Mike Carson was talking about), Sister Griffin is from Texas and is African American (she is also our Coordinating Sister); and Sister Pattingale?  (I forget her name)  is from Idaho Falls.  They are all really nice and I love that we're all going to the same mission!

There are five other Elders in our district.  Elder Layton (25) from Sandy-I also met his cousin here-
Elder Perry (18) from Midvale?  Elder Greenlaw from Draper (18), Elder Williams from... somewhere and the last Elder I forgot his name (it's a really long Italian one) but he's from Canada.

I know I'm not being very descriptive, but I can't fit all the events and every one's personalities in a short letter.  This first one is just to let you know I'm O.K. and that I miss you guys.  I think it's kind of weird that I've been really tired these last two days, but I can't seem to fall asleep when the lights do go out.

Love You!  (we're not supposed to use 'guys')

Sister Carlson