Sunday, December 29, 2013

In Memory of my Mother

Venice Maxwell Whitney Child




January 1955
Bruce and Venice

My baby brother Ward.


My brother Mark with mom in our yard in Council Bluffs, Iowa.


Mom was an excellent seamstress. When she wasn’t teaching school she liked to sew all my clothes during the summer breaks. She sewed most of my dresses for dances and my entire wardrobe for my mission including bathrobe and nightgown.




Here we are in front of the Osmond Studios in Orem, Utah with one of the oldest Osmond’s a few days before I entered the MTC.  While we were touring Mr. Osmond asked us in part English and sign language if we would like to take a picture with him.

The three piece rust polyester suit.

Mom and I were in a musical church play together about Mormon Immigrants who moved to Utah during the 1800’s.  Mom played my Swedish mother and dyed her hair blond. She liked the color so well that she decided to keep the same color after the performance.


Mom married Brandt Child 1985

They retired to Kanab, Utah where we liked to visit a lot.


Julz and Jess with grandma 2000.



Mom passed away from bone cancer August 23, 2005.
She was 69.


I miss her.