Sunday, August 2, 2015

Memoir from Me

I can't believe it's August already. I've so enjoyed sitting under my big shady trees this season. I say they are mine even though our former neighbor Bruce across the fence planted them long ago. The poplar trees have gotten really big. My recent neighbor Lee, claims half of the trees are mine. I tell him I appreciate how cool the trees keep half of my house during the heat of the day. Plus, I mow lot's of leaves every fall.. If the wind is blowing, I open my kitchen and living room window so I can hear the beautiful rustling sound.. I'm looking forward to my new Norway Maple giving shade to our back yard someday. I love trees!

I think summer has been my least favorite season until I went back to work full time. When I was young the heat didn't bother me as much. I loved going swimming, sleeping in the back yard at night, and playing in the mountains. Now I either stay under the shade, or spend most of my time where there's air condition.  Lately I seem to pay more attention to the birds singing, the kids playing outside, and eating fresh veggies from my garden. I also like staying up till midnight (listening to beautiful music) and waking up around 8:00 in the morning.  Also, Jewels and Jen don't seem so stressed out as much, school can be very demanding at times. Speaking of school, it starts again in seventeen days. Jewels actually starts band camp early tomorrow morning and doesn't come home until four pm. This camp last for two weeks, which is a first for us.

On the whole I feel very blessed.  Every Saturday GW and I have been getting closer to finishing the bathroom.  It's looking so nice. Yesterday he patched up the big hole in the ceiling from all the water damage.  Last night we lied in bed talking about all the other projects we would like to finish throughout the year. Whats nice about it is that we are in no hurry, and we are saving a lot of money by doing things ourself.

Jake mentioned he might come over for dinner tonight. I think he's helping his new roommate move in. His old roommate from Washington got married, which is a good thing. I would like it if he would come every Sunday but his visits seem to average about every two weeks, so I won't complain. Now I think I'll write a letter to Jess. Sunday's are the best!