Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sister San Diego

Today for P-day we're going to sunset cliffs! Zone fire. Excited? Yes.
We're hurriedly getting ready to prepare.
THIS WEEK!
I'm just going to jump into the best part:
ZONE CONFERENCE AT CAMP WILDWOOD! I can literally mark that as one of
the best days of my life ha! Imagine it, all my favorite missionaries
in one place at one time. It. Was. FANTASTIC!



Growing up, my most memorable spiritual experiences happened up at
girls camp. Close to god's creations and close to the people I love.
Coincidence I had yet another life changing experience up in nature? I
think NOT!
At the start of the conference, President discussed Gethsemane. The
olive press. As time pressed forward, discovery! We were surrounded by
Olive Trees. The spirit was.. Without words to describe. At one point,
president asked us to turn to our companion and tell them our favorite
thing about Jesus Christ. Sister 'Eukaliti's testimony will be
something I never forget. She looked me square in the eye and said "my
testimony of the savior is simple. He lives." The rest I'll keep, but
Sister E sometimes.. It's like she's straight out of the Book of
Mormon. I called her a spiritual Guru the other day and she didn't
know what I was talking about.
I told Sister E that my favorite thing about Jesus Christ is that he's
my older brother. I have an older brother named Jacob Wayne whom I
love and admire. He's one of the huge reasons I'm even on a mission. I
myself am an older sibling to Julianna Carlson! BOO!
Now, I've gone through a lot of physical pain, so much so that in my
mind, it scared me to think that dying might just be easier. But in
life, sometimes the mental, the emotional pain surpasses anything one
can feel physically.
If my little sister, Julianna Carlson, were to go through ANYTHING
close to my burdens in life, I would run to her side. I would be RIGHT
there with her. Because I know what it was like.
Even then. I cannot fully understand Boo's trails she has in life, but
there is someone who can. And he IS running to you. His hands are
stretched out to you. Always.
“And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and
temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled
which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his
people.
And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death
which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities,
that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that
he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according
to their infirmities” (Alma 7:11–12).
All he asks of us is our heart :)
I use Julianna as an example but I feel that way about any of my
family, Jenny, mom, dad. I'm not counting you out! I love you all!
Sorry. Woof. Deep.
But yes. Zone conference though. We hiked up to this huge cross
carrying rocks (burdens) to lay at the foot of the savior. Then, we
could rest, lay our burdens down. Think, pray, ponder.
The entire hike I was actually following my trainer, Sister Starr. I
started getting emotional yet again as I pondered the fact that I have
literally been following her my entire mission. As she went before me,
sometimes her stepping stones weren't as solid as she may have thought
and she would slide. I then could see the example she was before me
and avoid certain paths and learn from her mistakes. She was the
savior. He went before me as someone for me to follow. To help me. To
show me the way. Thanks Sister Starr. Love you.
K. I just did it again. Deeeeeep.
The team building activities were incredibly fun. Sister Wilson
though... Prime. I learned so much. The training was excellent and I
was beaming with pride as Sisters Whitcomb and Stewart taught us he
restoration.
Hm. As I'm sitting here thinking about all these people I've grown to
love so much, I just can't take it! My heart is SO FULL of love. At
the top of the mountain, near the cross, I looked around me at all the
missionaries and I again became overwhelmed with this admiration. I
thought of all those I've met the past 9 months, investigators, less
active members, apostles, fellow missionaries, and just cried. I
couldn't do anything else but pray and thank my God for calling me
here to the California San Diego Mission. My Gethsemane.
Guess who did it again? Me. Sorry ha!
President Schmitt emailed me last week and told me to stop apologizing
for sharing miracles. So.. Sorry but not sorry HA!
Yes.
Rest of the week.
Rick's baptism was awesome. That man!
Sunday was great. GREG AND ASHLEY ARE BOTH ON FIRE! Coming to church,
participating, going to activities. I love em to death.
Westin met with our Bishop after having set a date for baptism and it
was exactly what he needed. Bishop's wife story is very similar to
Westin's so it was perfect.
Anything else happen?.. Hmm
Oh ha, there was this cool moment when we were very much an answer to
someone's immediate prayer. Long story short, we came at the right
time, right place for someone who was low enough  to take their own
life. Emotions can't describe. The spirit is real people. It was
actually an answer to a child's prayer. She was scared for her mom.
All is well though now :)
Everyone! Good luck! Live long! Keep on Keepin on! Play hard! Pray hard!
-Sister Carlson
P.S. All the good pics are on my camera! Ah! I'll see if there's
anytime today to share the love.