Thursday, May 19, 2016

Sister San Diego

All is well!
Crazy busy week. I am currently sitting in Costco while sister Essymba
gets an eye exam. You know what they say: "if you can see, you stop
getting headaches".
That's not a saying :)
Ha! I don't even know where to start..
Tuesday- Added D with a date.
Wednesday- Taught at Zone Meeting with Sister Schmitt.
Thursday- MTE's! Gave a STEPP talk. Went back to Mt. Woodson with Sister E heh..
Friday- MTE follow ups. Added Sherif with a date.
Saturday- R WAS BAPTIZED!
Sunday- R's confirmation! I gave a talk on being a disciple of
Christ. W bore his testimony at the Mission President's Fireside!
Had the chance to sing with Sister Starr!


Okay so we just spent the rest of our P-day with Sister Schmitt and it
was a blast haha!
We traveled in-between Costco and Walmart (driving the mission
president's wife places... Breath in.... Breath out) she is so
amazing. At Costco, she was talking to the woman taking her money...
And she was able to convince her to meet with the YSA missionaries in
Chula Vista. Ah Sister Schmitt. I just spent my day laughing and
loving her. At Walmart, she was cracking jokes right n' left then gave
me a pep talk about my life when I get home. Apparently she and sister
Richardson have planned my singing carrier. We get to teach with her
tonight as well! Ah :D Sister Schmitt.. Mission mom ;)

Well. No time to write anything else. Ha!
I love you all so much.
The crowning characteristic for love is loyalty. Here's some thoughts
from my talk. Don't laugh:
Now I'm here replacing sister Wilson, it's a hard task to do. One, she
is so loved, and two, I literally cannot fill in her shoes. She's a
size 10, I'm a size 5.
Once upon a time I asked sister Wilson what was the number one thing
she learned on her mission: it's kind of flipped but she learned who
she can become. What it means to be a disciple of CHRIST.



Friday we had a meeting with our mission president. He showed us a
clip from a talk Jeffery R Holland gave:
"What I need, Peter, are disciples--and I need them forever. I need
someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach
my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly,
truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned
me to do. Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It
is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the
ash heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God, and it is to
change the world. So, Peter, for the second and presumably the last
time, I am asking you to leave all this and to go teach and testify,
labor and serve loyally until the day in which they will do to you
exactly what they did to me.”
Then, turning to all the Apostles, He might well have said something
like: “Were you as foolhardy as the scribes and Pharisees? As Herod
and Pilate? Did you, like they, think that this work could be killed
simply by killing me? Did you, like they, think the cross and the
nails and the tomb were the end of it all and each could blissfully go
back to being whatever you were before? Children, did not my life and
my love touch your hearts more deeply than this?”
My beloved brothers and sisters, I am not certain just what our
experience will be on Judgment Day, but I will be very surprised if at
some point in that conversation, God does not ask us exactly what
Christ asked Peter: “Did you love me?”"
If he love me, keep my commandments.
D&C 42:29 If thou lovest me thou shalt serve me and keep all my commandments.
Obedience burns miracles, but exact obedience brings miracles.
To do missionary work, we first have to focus on ourselves. Sanctify
yourselves. Love God. Be obedient . No growth in the comfort zone and
no comfort in the growth zone.
Once you've fixed yourself on Christ, share! Remember these people are
your brothers and sister. Remember the worth of souls.
D&C 18:10-16
Fear not. Isaiah 41
Sorry if it doesn't make sense! Haha!! Look
Revelation when I went to the temple today? "Be more like your mother"
Take it what you will. I cried.