Sunday, December 2, 2018

Thanksgiving and Caving

Hanna was our guest of honor this year for Thanksgiving. She leaves for the MTC in three days to prepare to serve in the Czech Republic for 18 months. I've known Hanna since she was a baby and her mom was my primary secretary. She will be an awesome missionary!

We had our Thanksgiving meal three days after since Jacob and Brittany wanted to attend her family's dinner on Thanksgiving day. I'm just glad we could all be together!

The day before Thanksgiving my dear friend Kari lost her husband suddenly to a pulmonary embolism. He was only forty-four. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. Kari and I have worked together for the last three years at Amelia Earhart Elementary. Her husband Duncan has been hosting a great 4th of July fireworks show for our neighborhood for years. We always watched his fireworks from a distance until we were personally invited about four years ago. Duncan will be missed and my heart hurts for Kari and her three children. She is now looking for different employment since her life has changed dramatically. I will miss her.
Recess at Amelia Earhart with Shey and Kari
 Julz went caving with her Venture group this last weekend. GW and I weren't too excited about it, but what do you do when your youngest turns eighteen? Last night we were relieved when Julie walked through the door with all her camping gear.