Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sister San Diego

Hey everyone! It sounds like cha'all had a fun week!

I am currently getting my hair cut by one of our investigators, K ;) 
It's amazing how good it feels to just get a trim when your hair is this short! It's nice!!! AND! She said we could finish emailing here so! We'll be staying for a bit :P

This week was swell! We're just about done transferring data from our paper records to the Area Book Planner App. We've done all investigators and formers, NOW it's just less active members we teach. Oh! I don't think I've ever mentioned it before, but we do a lot of that! (Reactivation!) And I very much enjoy it! We regularly have lessons with Fransisco Silva, Wendy, Teresa, Harvey, Akiko (the list goes on and on) and we also make it a point to try and visit those less active members we don't know. It can be a little heart breaking at time.. Ehem! But anyway, I'm glad to be almost done with those darn paper records!!!!!



We added a new investigator this week! Her name is D M! She was one of those miracles cases where we visited a name on the Ward list we didn't know (expecting to find a less active single man) and found a slight active/recent convert with his newly wedded wife! She had somewhat been taught the lessons by missionaries before when they were both single and attending institute. But they married, moved, and were transferred to a family Ward (Tada!). She has a very scientific mind and asked some great questions. Hope things go well! 

Sunday was probably my favorite part of the week! We had a missionary focused sacrament meeting (it was practically a fireside) where a bunch of recent converts AND one of our investigators spoke! KATE SHARED HER TESTIMONY AND EXPERIENCE LEARNING FROM THE SISTER MISSIONARIES AND I CRIED AAAALLL DAAAAAY! I assume the bishopric had to get special permission for her to speak, BUT! It was amazing. One of the counsellors from the stake presidency came and HE was tearing up a little bit. Sister Saedan and I also shared short testimonies on how missionary work has blessed our lives. I actually didn't talk about my own mission but how my daddy converted to the church because of his friends and how members are the TRUE missionaries. A little bit about dad's, Jake's, and Jenny's mission and how they inspired me to go on one. I... Couldn't stop crying... Especially after Kate's talk so.. Don't know if anyone got anything from it 😆

When I got here to San Diego, President gave all the new missionaries a BoM and gave them the challenge to read it from cover to cover, marking every time it mentioned Christ(yellow), his words(red), his attributes(blue), and doctrine/principals(green). As of this morning I am on Alma 28 (so... A little over half way!!!!) I challenge THEE family (and friends) to dooooo it. It has strengthened my testimony so much of not only the Book of Mormon, but the savior, and Joseph Smith! DOOOOOO EEEEEEET. And I'm committing you all out of loooove 😘

GUESS WHAT! All of you (almost) have a look-a-like that I have found HERE in San Diego! Not really look-a-like but they remind me of yaaaa'll. 
Dad-Harvey, one of the less active men we teach. After my talk Sunday (OH MAN! And he actually showed up to church!) he thanked me for my talk and said something like, don't give up on people like me.. So I started weeping again 😅

Mom-Sister Sinclair, she's out here in a mission with her husband :) they come check our apartment every once and a while!

Boo-Ella Kwapich, she's the first counsellor's daughter! She's in the middle of band camp this week! SHE LOOK LIKE BOO TOOOO!

Jacob-Zeke, ok in this case... He really is the same person. Same looks and all. Even the way he spoke and stuff I was like "... Is this my brother from another mother?"

Hanna-Sister Snyder, she's this cool hipster lady in our Ward that's totally chill and funny. We visited her yesterday and I was like "dang! She's just like Hanna!" And then I missed my best friend 😂

Well! Besides the haircut, we'll be off to eat Sushi soon!!! One of the Mandarin Sister's has a Birthday today :) I'M SO EXCITED! We had Sushi for lunch last week.. I know, random! BUT IT WAS SO GOOD! I don't even know why! Something about the mission has made it so all food I didn't necessarily like before.. I now kind of really like. YA NEVER KNOW! Maybe I'll start eating eggs mom ;)

LOVE YOU ALL! Tell Camilla Shaw to write me this instant! And Jacob Wayne :)

-Sister Carlson 

Linger longer! Every 4th Sunday :) fooooood!

Our Ward mission leader and his family :) they're moving this week 😢