Friday, November 27, 2015

Hola!  
So! This past Sunday was pretty great and here is why:
We got a call from one of the YSA members that work at the temple as a
security guard. He told us there was this woman from Thailand that
wanted to go to church! Aha! We ended up meeting her there AND IT WAS
THE BEST! I respectfully greeted her with a "sawadi-ka!" Hands
together at the chest, head bowing touching le nose to le finger tips.
I continued "shun ben sister Carlson-ka, poosan sa-sa-na"
.... I feel bad because her eyes lit up and she started speaking full
blown Thai at me.. I blushed and explained that I only knew a little.
SISTER SAEDAN THANK YOU FOR TEACHING ME THAI! And... I wish you could
have been there
That same day, the ASL elders introduced me to two deaf/blind
brothers. They were both SO excited to meet a sister missionary haha!
I just told them my name + sign name and my companions name. I
couldn't converse with them for very long but it was fun :)



Sister Weidmann was able to help a women in German and Sister Seo
get's to teach a family in Korean!!!! Languages languages languages...
I tried street contacting in Spanish a few days ago.... Ya... No....
Sister Weidmann took over thank goodness.
The Halloween party was awesome!!! We had a family show up that had
just moved here from Norway so the Weggerson's were able to fellowship
them! AH! And brother Weggerson just got called as a Ward missionary,
which is coooool because he was Ward mission leader in Norway ;)
I told all of them that my great grandpa came from Trondheim Norway
AND THEY ALL GOT SUPER EXCITED!!!! Because they are all from there....
So. Norwegian. Gona learn it. I already know a bunch of Swiss German
now too.... MINE AS WELL LEARN EVERYTHING.
GILBERT CAME TO THE WARD ACTIVITY AND DREW ME! He used to work for
Disney and i think you'll recognize him from his baptism pictures a
few months ago
We helped Harvey decorate. Prime time 
We had to be inside early (6pm) Halloween. Our evening was spent
reading talks about faith :) it was hilarious. I always have so much
fun with these girls of mine.
Which reminds me... Transfers. THEY ARE NEXT WEEK. Not looking forward
to dropping of sister Weidmann. To make up for my sadness, all of you
need to meet her in Salt Lake ;) which also reminds.... BOO! I'm
sending your birthday present with Myrtha   MYRTHA ANNA-LENA
WEIDMANN!!!!!!!
Well... If I don't get transferred, I'll be singing either his hands
with our Ward mission leaders wife, or window to his love. She told me
she once knew how to sign his hands and I told her that's pretty funny
because I signed window to his love before I came out. MUSIC! One of
the best languages of all.
Fast Sunday during studies, I felt the strong impression to bare my
testimony later on that day during Sacrament meeting. EHEM! I sat
there while the sacrament was being passed and thought well alright,
what do you want me to bare my testimony on? "The restoration" says
the spirit. And SO! I taught the restoration from the pulpit. It's
message is so strong... Then I told all the mothers to let us into
their homes so we could clean for them. So many babies. So many
stressed out moms. We can't help them with there kids... But we can
clean ✌
Love ya!
-Sister Carlson